There will be a minimum of four entries for the macro essay, performed at group level. Each entry can have around 4-5 pages and the total essay between 20-30 pages. The connection between theory and practice will be highly valued.
Plus, there will be a practical individual exercise on public accountancy.
1) Economic policy – main policies, objectives, trade-offs and instruments
2) Economic policy under monetary integration
3) Economic schools of thought
4) Development of an applied issue
5) Analysis of a particular economy: small scale (city, county, region) and large scale (national, transnational, continental…)
6) Analysis of the Portuguese economy – e.g. post-european integration or post-monetary integration
7) Development of the themes: globalization, internationalization, competitiveness, economic development, international cooperation, international institutions, etc.